Adapted from Cook's Country Issue June 1, 2014
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 organic cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in large bowl.
Add black-eyed peas, scallions, bell peppers, cucumber, cilantro, and parsley and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let sit for at least 1 hour before serving.
Salad will keep in the refrigerator for at five days.